To register for upcoming classes, workshops, and special events, please join our Meetup community, where you can reserve your spot, get more information, and receive regular updates to upcoming events. To get started, please join here, or simply click on the event below that interests you.
Upcoming Events Spring 2018
Women Writing for (a) Change, Jacksonville, conducts regular tuition-based programs as part of its core curriculum, along with special events, workshops, and retreats. Come spend an hour or two in the company of interesting women in a relaxed and safe atmosphere. All are welcome, from experienced writers working on a project to first-time writers getting in touch with their writer self. Simply come to write in community.
- Saturday, April 14: Write + Hike at the Jacksonville Arboretum, led by local naturalist and artist Mindy Hawkins. We’ll explore the many trails and enjoy the stunning all-natural Florida landscape, learning fun tools for capturing your future hikes on paper.
- Friday, March 23, April 27, and May 25, 12-1 p.m.: Fourth Fridays at the Main Library, in the Jax Makerspace.
- Saturday, May 5, 2-4 p.m.: Spring ReadAround and Art Show Finale, with readings by our Spring writers and appearances by our featured female artists.
NEW CLASS: CHAPBOOK SERIES
- Wednesday, May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, and June 5, Chapbook Memoir Series. Create a chapbook from your memoir writings from the past two semesters or based on any work you’d like to collect into one document. We will select and craft our pieces, then bind them in a specially printed booklet. Guest editor: Dr. Sharon Scholl.
ART + SOUL RETREAT
- Friday, July 6, 7-9 p.m., and Saturday, July 7, 10-5 p.m. Take a deep breath and get in touch with your creative soul. Enjoy a Friday night writing circle and reception, followed by a morning circle in the She Shed. In the afternoon, we will head to the nearby Cummer Museum of Art for some artistic expression, followed by a writing circle about our experience. Choose to attend a group dinner afterwards to close the day in community.