To register for upcoming classes, workshops, and special events, please join our Meetup community, where you can reserve your spot, get more information, and receive regular updates to upcoming events. To get started, please join here, or simply click on the event below that interests you.
Fall Programs 2017
Women Writing for (a) Change, Jacksonville, conducts regular tuition-based programs as part of it’s core curriculum, along with special events, workshops, and retreats. Come spend an hour or two in the company of interesting women in a relaxed and safe atmosphere. All are welcome. No writing experience necessary.
- Sunday, August 13, 7-9 p.m.: Joint event with the Jane Austen Book Club, in Riverside (Sense and Sensibility)
- Friday, August 19, 6-9 p.m.: Private showing of the 2015 film Suffragette, set in 1912 England before women had a vote—and a voice. Register.
- Friday, August 23, 6 p.m.: Fall Sampler 2017: Writing the Memoir, from Truth to Fiction, in Riverside
- Saturday, August 26, 1-3 p.m.: New This Fall! Book Club Series at the Main Library (The Color Purple), in the Jax Makerspace
- Wednesday, August 30, 6:00 p.m.: Fall Series 2017: Writing the Memoir, from Truth to Fiction (ends Nov. 15)
- Friday, September 1, 6-8 p.m.: Open House and Art Opening: Women’s Art as Visual Memoir (show runs through November). Details TBA.
- Friday, September 8, 11:30 a.m.: Writing Through Transitions: Life After Change (Sampler)
- Friday, September 15, 11:30 a.m.: Writing Through Transitions: Life After Change (Series)
- Saturday, September 23, 1-3 p.m.: Book Club Series at the Main Library (Their Eyes Were Watching God), Jax Makerspace
- Saturday, October 21, 10 to 11:30 a.m: Stories of Home: Neighborhood Writing Circles with Riverside Avondale Preservation, 2623 Herschel St.. Riverside.
- Friday, Oct. 27, 11:30 a.m. 2 to p.m.: Fall Mini-Series 2017: Writing The Memoir, from Truth to Fiction
- Saturday, Oct. 28, 1-3 p.m.: Book Club Series at the Main Library (The Handmaid’s Tale)